Call for SIR Board Nominations
The SIR Board of Directors (Board) is pleased to make a call for nominations for several positions on the Board for the 2020 – 2021 year. This is an excellent opportunity for insurance professionals to increase their visibility as a thought-leader, represent their brands in supporting an insurance industry non-profit professional association, network with leading carriers and solution providers, and hone skills outside their primary function.
SIR is looking for insurance industry leaders who want to make a material difference increasing membership, awareness and engagement. Board members are expected to attend up to six meetings per year (primarily remotely), with occasional calls in between meetings. Board members often lead or participate in committees as well.
• Vice President – Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) – this individual is the conscience of the association, charged with establishing SIR’s D&I charter and programs. SIR seeks to be intentional in ensuring its leadership team, committees, speakers, and members represent diverse perspectives. This individual shall seek to increase awareness and partnerships with member company employee resource groups as well as diversity-based insurance affinity groups.
• Vice President - Communication and Content Management – this individual is the chief storyteller of the association. Using a variety of tactics, including content marketing, blogs, newsletters and press releases, this individual is charged with increasing awareness of SIR’s value proposition within the membership and externally in the broader insurance industry
• Board Secretary – this individual is charged with documenting a full and accurate record of the SIR proceedings.
• Director – this individual brings industry expertise to the Board and is charged with leading special projects, initiatives or assisting the VP of another committee.
If you would like to nominate yourself or a colleague to be on the SIR Board, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Nominee's name and contact information
• Brief summary as to why you/they should be on the board, including primary positions of interest
• Detail relevant experience or provide a resume
Nominations must be received by noon August 17, 2020.
Nominees must be members of SIR if selected. Board members should demonstrate leadership, strategic mindset, drive for results, wide insurance-related professional network, and willingness to be an advocate for the association through professional and social networks. SIR Board members must be committed to SIR's mission of promoting research-driven decision making and developing insurance research professionals into industry leaders. Prior experience serving on SIR committees is preferred but not required. Carrier and solution provider nominations are appreciated.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee (SIR President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President) and a proposed Board slate will be sent out to all SIR members in September. The Board slate will be voted on at the annual business meeting taking place on Wednesday, October 7th, in a virtual meeting prior to our 2020 Annual Conference. Positions are effective November 2, 2020.
If you have questions about the responsibilities of any of these open Board positions, please contact our Executive Director at email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration!
- SIR Nominating Committee