The Society of Insurance Research (SIR) is dedicated to promoting research-driven decision making and developing insurance research professionals into industry leaders. The Society includes representation from many different organizations: carriers, InsurTechs, research suppliers, government agencies, institutions of higher education, and trade associations.
SIR is a non-profit, member-driven organization that is proud to offer its members research and knowledge sharing programs, networking opportunities and professional development opportunities.
Why should you join the Society of Insurance Research (SIR)?
Because the Society of Insurance Research is:
View our one page overview!
The Society of Insurance Research and its members welcome individuals, insurance companies, nonprofit or educational organizations, and suppliers associated with the insurance industry to join the Society to network with other members, to make use of its resources, to attend its meetings and events, and to participate in Society governance.
- Everyone you will meet is directly involved in the insurance industry
- All functional areas represented: primary and secondary research, competitive intelligence, pricing, product development, actuarial, marketing, strategy, finance, and more
- Beyond ordinary networking, SIR Members form informal groups around shared interests and welcome additional participation.
Covering Key Industry Issues for You and Your Firm
All aspects of insurance research and competitive intelligence
- Strategic and emerging issues, industry trends, new exposures
Representative of the Industry
- Leading Property-Casualty, Commercial, Life, and Health carriers as well as regionals and specialty writers carrier are members and conference attendees
- With Annual Conference attendance at about 200, Spring Workshops at about 100 and a limited number of suppliers/exhibitors, networking is informal and easy
Above the Fray
Not-for-profit professional association [501(c)(6)], founded1970
- Does not lobby or take positions on issues as a Society
- Does not offer research, services, or data for sale
- Simply brings together people, resources, and ideas
A Great Bargain
Conferences competitively priced against comparable events
- We take care to control costs for attendees & exhibitors
- Member discounts for in-person conferences & free access to webinars
- Corporate Membership dues (for carriers) includes 3 individual memberships & 3 registrations to the Fall Annual Conference or Spring Workshops at no additional cost (can be used by anyone in the company)
- Associate Corporate Membership dues (for suppliers) includes exhibit fees & full registration for 2 at the Fall Annual Conference
SIR Members-Only Website provides access to membership and research archives
- Spring Workshops Summit event offers skills development and networking
- Annual Conference allows for member knowledge sharing of key trends in the industry
- Webinars and SIR Research Newsletter update members throughout the year
- The Society of Insurance Research has created a new members-only listserv to foster more open and efficient communication among members, to help them in their research activities.