Save the date for the 2019 SIR Annual Conference and Exhibit Fair!
Reimagining Research to Recognize Emerging Insurance Industry Trends
October 20-22, 2019
The Sheraton Charlotte Hotel - Charlotte, NC
Come join us at the 49th Society of Insurance Research (SIR) Annual Conference & Exhibit Fair to interact with leading industry experts. More information will be coming soon! Watch our highlight video from 2018 to see what you can expect!
The Call for Speakers and Research Papers is now open!
Applications must be submitted by Friday, March 29th.
Increase your visibility. Share your experience. Move the industry forward.
Topic/Subject Wish List:
While we're looking for presentations on a range of topics and subjects, below are a few areas of particular interest:
Market research Competitive Intelligence
Primary research Product Development
Secondary research Underwriting & Claims
NPS & Sentiment Analysis Insurance Innovation
Segmentation Analytics / Analysis techniques
Storytelling and visualization AI & Machine Learning
Human-Centered Design InsurTech
Digital / Mobile / Social Blockchain
Regulatory / Risks / Compliance Micro Insurance
Customer / User Experience Genomics
Agile Research Management Sharing Economy
Email proposals to the appropriate Track Chairs by Friday, March 29th:
Keynote, General Sessions or product agnostic submissions that cut across all insurance lines:
- Dawn Faint, email@example.com
- Sharia Benn, Penn National Insurance, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Nunes, DataCubes, Adam@datacubes.com
- Randy Mangum, USAA, randall.mangum@USAA.com
- Jaimie Pickles, Jornaya, email@example.com
- Micheal Myers, USAA, firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Include in Your Speaking Proposal or Research Paper:
- Name, title, company of proposed speaker(s).
- Proposed session topic/title.
- Short session description (3-4 sentences) outlining the learning objectives for our audience and how your proposal is aligned with the conference theme.
- Presentations should include the what, how, and impact of the research.
- Preference is given to sessions that are actionable and innovative vs informational. Case studies with problem, process, resolution are ideal.
- Non-carrier submissions should include a carrier partner.
- Research papers must be cleared for SIR publication and distribution.
- Speakers and authors may be photographed and/or recorded at the event.
Are you interested in participating in a Shark Tank Competition?
- Nominate your solution for a short live demo/pitch and the audience will select the winner! New product announcements are encouraged!
- Provide name, title, company, speaker, and description of product/service.
Registration Information & Discounts:
Registration will open soon! Speakers are eligible for the following discounts off of standard registration rates. Please see the chart at the bottom for registration fee information.
- General session speakers – complimentary registration
- Track carrier speakers – 25% discount
- Panel carrier speakers – 10% discount